.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yes, Cartter with two Ts

An opportunity for the Cartter family to communicate - if you're one of us, jump in! If you're not a Cartter, leave a comment someplace anyway - I'd like to know who's stopping by. Otherwise, I'm just going to ramble until a Cartter comes in with questions... Astutia Et Animo

My Photo
Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States

My blog has moved to The O Word. See you there!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My commute was different today...

I was almost late for work this morning.

I didn’t leave the house overly late, although I was out the door a minute or two later than usual; since I had built in between five and seven minutes of cushion to allow for heavy or different traffic patterns, I still had plenty of time.

I ended up behind an old yellow pickup that was following a backhoe. I figured he was running traffic safety for the backhoe, but I couldn’t go around them because of heavy traffic in the left lane. The yellow truck turned south when I did, and I thought, “My cushion is taking a beating this morning!” He moved into the left lane, where I needed to be to make the next turn, and he was moving slowly enough to cause back up, but fast enough that I wouldn’t be able to pass him before my turn. I went around him anyway, thinking I could just take the next street south to make my punch-in time.

God works in funny ways sometimes.

As I pulled into the turn lane for the next street, a soaking wet female German Shepherd walked in front of my vehicle. She had the last two feet of a cloth tie out attached to her collar, and there was a gentleman and his wife trying to convince her to get out of the street. I stopped, put on my hazards, and did my dog-whisperer thing. She came over to me, I held onto her tie out, and the gentleman read off the phone number on her tag. The lady who answered was not awake when I called. She had no idea her baby was out running around loose. The gentleman and his wife offered to hold the dog at the corner, since they lived right there; they figured I was probably headed for work. I thanked them, got back in, and continued on. Clocked in on time, too.

If I had been patient like I have been trying to do lately, I would not have been there to help the dog.

God works in funny ways sometimes, using you in ways you don’t realize.

I hope God uses you today for someone else’s needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google