.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yes, Cartter with two Ts

An opportunity for the Cartter family to communicate - if you're one of us, jump in! If you're not a Cartter, leave a comment someplace anyway - I'd like to know who's stopping by. Otherwise, I'm just going to ramble until a Cartter comes in with questions... Astutia Et Animo

My Photo
Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States

My blog has moved to The O Word. See you there!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Princess Update

Remember Princess, who needed a castle?

She caused some damage on her sisters this past weekend. She has spent most of the time since Friday in her kennel, allowed out only on a leash and only when all others are not in the immediate vicinity. Kinda like lockdown.

Tuesday evening, through a pet adoption clearing house (I will post that info when I get it) we went to meet Mr. K and his boxer. The boxer wanted nothing to do with Princess, effectively ignoring her. Princess wanted prime rib of boxer. In the process, Princess pulled so hard and scrabbled so much on the sidewalk that she wore her nails down to the quick and tore pads on three of her feet. Stubborn. Like me.

Wednesday evening, we went to meet J and A and their two sons. Love at first sight. Princess will be the only dog in the house, sharing the animal duties with two cats. She gets along OK with cats, it's the other dogs that she doesn't really tolerate.

The Most Beautiful Woman in the World is very sad, with Princess moving out. She also wonders why it doesn't outwardly affect me. It affects me, and I am internalizing it, but I am thinking that this beats the tar out of the alternative - having to put Princess down. She has a home, people who will love her, and a place to "rule." That doesn't change how TMBWitW feels, and I understand that. The bottom line is, it wasn't fair to Princess or the other dogs with the situation where it was. Treating her like a convict was lowering her quality of life, and the other dogs were in constant fear (induced by us, probably, because we didn't want a repeat) of being in a fight with their sister.

Being the parents of Furkids isn't easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google