.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yes, Cartter with two Ts

An opportunity for the Cartter family to communicate - if you're one of us, jump in! If you're not a Cartter, leave a comment someplace anyway - I'd like to know who's stopping by. Otherwise, I'm just going to ramble until a Cartter comes in with questions... Astutia Et Animo

My Photo
Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States

My blog has moved to The O Word. See you there!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

TMBWitW's Cousin's Daughter Got Married

And the car's transmission died. Again. We were on our way to Kingman to attend N and J's wedding. About twenty miles before the ramp to I-40, there was a loud grinding, a very metallic *thump*, and lo and behold, we now had a direct-drive system to push the car.

(Casting note: TMBWitW's Cousin will be referred to as J.P., until permission is received to use his name. His Wife will be referred to as S.P., the daughter as N, the groom as J. Cute couple, actually. Their love for each other and devotion to one another was so obvious I needed to check for diabetes anytime they were near. Love you guys!)

It wouldn't be so aggravating except that we have had about a year's worth of trouble with the transmission, starting last September with Lee Myles. They were unable to satisfactorily rebuild the transmission over an eight-month period, in spite of several tries. At one point, they insisted that the problem was due to overheating, and I was dinged for a new integrated radiator. That would have been plausible, except that within a week of the new radiator it broke again.

That was the last time Lee Myles was allowed near my transmission.

We paid for another rebuild (I know, it was still under warranty from Lee Myles - but really, if they can't fix it, do you keep taking it back?) at another shop. All was well, until this trip.

Sometimes, it doesn't pay to get up in the morning.

We nursed the car to J.P.'s house. It is sitting there right now, as I wait for U-Haul to open. I need to get a hitch put on our QX4, and rent a transporter to take J.P.'s car back to them, and retrieve the J30. Can you believe that? S and J let us use their car to drive back to Phoenix last night, so our Furkids wouldn't have to spend the night alone.

That's terrific, isn't it? Thank, guys. You are wonderful.

Well, I'm off to U-Haul to get a hitch put on. I'll update you later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google